Sunday, November 6, 2011

Danny Glover as Troy Maxson


          Danny Glover would be the perfect all-time favorite actor to play the role of Troy Maxson in Fences. Glover has a very demanding presence when he is on stage which is very much like the character of Troy. He also has the ability of showing his strength and his authority to the audience very well. His image is also perfect for this role because it shows a big and powerful hardworking black man that has his life together and knows what it is to take care of a family and to be responsible, very much like Troy. Troy is a very strong black man who demands authority and is very hardworking. His main goal is to convince and show his children about the importance of hardwork to put food on the table and to make the right choices in life. In Act I/ Scene I, Troy's oldest son Lyons asks to borrow 10 dollars, but Troy tries to tell his son that he needs to work and the importance of working.  His intention mean well because he even offers to talk to some people that he knows so that his son can work, and this obviously wasn't the first time that he offered to help his son.
"I told you I know some people down there. I can get you on the rubbish if you want to work. I told you that the last time you came by here asking me for something."

No comments:

Post a Comment